Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Final Thoughts

As I said in the previous post, this program has been great! Saying that, I did have a few difficulties along the way (figuring out the set-up process on some sites or running searches on the technorati site ---I had to click on Advanced Search-), but I came away strengthened intellectually by the process.

This program was set up so well that I have only two suggestions for improvement. Perhaps, some of the articles that were chosen for the discovery exercises could have been a bit shorter (I think that many people had/have limited time to work on the exercises and being able to read shorter articles could help with the time issue). I have noted that the deadline was pushed back, though. *smiles* Also, besides utilizing the spreadsheet (as it is), is there another way to record progress (It seemed as if some participants were confused about it--and I was one of them)?

If the libary offered another discovery program, I would love to sign up!!

1 comment:

Cindy Hart said...

Congrats! You completed 30 things and evolved as a lifelong learner.