Saturday, January 5, 2008

Youtube



I like Youtube because it's easy to upload your own videos and to find videos of interest from other users. I think that the search function is particulary easy to use. I've found instructional/cultural things that I don't think I would have otherwise easily found without this site. I've also found shows from my childhood, and the abovementioned one is particularly cool because it's a show that not that many people remember (or at least people the few people that I've asked).

I think that libraries could add library related youtube clips to their websites. Also, library patrons could constructively comment on what they did or didn't like about certain videos. That kind of reponse could potentially improve library services.

Good remarks aside, I don't like the offensive comments in the "comments & responses" section. I think that there should be a better way for users to filter out these types of comments. It's not to say that I don't appreciate constructive criticism, but when posters start "flaming" each other and using vulgar language, then it's gone too far and this type of online atmosphere may effect the viewership of the site.

No comments: